Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Best dry chemical scoops

1. Back To Top    #1
    Lincoln, NH

Best dry chemical scoops

Hello everyone,
    This might be a silly question but I could use some help. I was wondering what everyone thought were the best dry chemical scoops to use for pool chems, and where you get them from?

I have one that has a generalized graduation of weights on one side, which isn't entirely accurate but it gives a good idea. I don't have a pool store in my area, so I've been looking online, but the big guys (In The Swim, etc.) don't seem to carry any, and I can't find a scoop like this anywhere.

So what do you use?
    Outdoor Chlorine Pool/Spa (~100' from pump room):(35,000gal IG, plaster, 2 Triton TR-140 sand filters, 2 2HP pumps),(1,200gal IG, plaster, Triton TR-140, 2.5HP pump [circ.], 2 2HP pumps [jets])
    Indoor Bromine Pool/Spa:(24,000gal, plaster, Triton TR-100, 1.5HP SVRS-equipped pump),(3,200gal w/ 3 waterfalls, plaster, Sta-Rite System 3 cartridge filter, 3HP pump [circ.], 3HP pump [jets])

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Best dry chemical scoops

My big bucket of Leslie's Power Powder Pro (cal-hypo) has a scoop included. I think it is supposed to measure out by the pound using that scoop. I put that into a kitchen measuring cup, hard clear plastic, 3 cup size, to measure by volume and take to the pool for broadcasting and brushing in with the Wall Whale brush.

I have a separate measuring cup for MA.
    23,000 gallon in ground pool with rock waterfall and spillover spa, Aqualink control system, Polaris 380 cleaner, Purex Triton Clean&Clear Plus cartridge filter. Located in The Woodlands, Texas.

Pool owner since Nov 2008, Trouble Free since April 2009. Happy to help when I can.