Intellichlor Installation Links/Instructions?

Jun 27, 2011
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
Thanks folks for all the responses up to this point. I'm getting ready to start installing my IC-60/Power Center. I've read both the instructional manuals, but could someone point me to an instructional link/how to on the steps to install. I'm searching the forum currently, but if you already know where some good ones are I'd appreciate the help. Also I read a couple of posts reagarding installing some sort of cutoff valve between the filter and the ic-60. This is the first I've heard of it and am don't have/don't know where to get the part. Is it necessary? Thanks to the posters so far that helped me pick my unit, JasonLion, susa, bobodaclown.

My opinion is that it is a good idea to have unions between all the major equipment on your pad. It makes it much easier to remove a component for repairs/replacing than having to cut pipe. So a ball valve union between your filter and ic-60 would provide a shut off point for water and enable you to unscrew the connection to the plumbing at that point. Do a google search for "ball valve union", or check any good plumbing supply outlet.

zea3 said:
My opinion is that it is a good idea to have unions between all the major equipment on your pad. It makes it much easier to remove a component for repairs/replacing than having to cut pipe. So a ball valve union between your filter and ic-60 would provide a shut off point for water and enable you to unscrew the connection to the plumbing at that point. Do a google search for "ball valve union", or check any good plumbing supply outlet.

Thanks. I did the search and understand the concept but I'm not any sort of pool expert. If I needed to replace the cell, wouldn't I just turn the pump off, unscrew and replace? thx, SR

Not trying to be a smarta$$...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.