Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Intellichlor Installation Links/Instructions?

1. Back To Top    #1

Intellichlor Installation Links/Instructions?

Thanks folks for all the responses up to this point. I'm getting ready to start installing my IC-60/Power Center. I've read both the instructional manuals, but could someone point me to an instructional link/how to on the steps to install. I'm searching the forum currently, but if you already know where some good ones are I'd appreciate the help. Also I read a couple of posts reagarding installing some sort of cutoff valve between the filter and the ic-60. This is the first I've heard of it and am don't have/don't know where to get the part. Is it necessary? Thanks to the posters so far that helped me pick my unit, JasonLion, susa, bobodaclown.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Intellichlor Installation Links/Instructions?

My opinion is that it is a good idea to have unions between all the major equipment on your pad. It makes it much easier to remove a component for repairs/replacing than having to cut pipe. So a ball valve union between your filter and ic-60 would provide a shut off point for water and enable you to unscrew the connection to the plumbing at that point. Do a google search for "ball valve union", or check any good plumbing supply outlet.
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Intellichlor Installation Links/Instructions?

Quote Originally Posted by zea3
    My opinion is that it is a good idea to have unions between all the major equipment on your pad. It makes it much easier to remove a component for repairs/replacing than having to cut pipe. So a ball valve union between your filter and ic-60 would provide a shut off point for water and enable you to unscrew the connection to the plumbing at that point. Do a google search for "ball valve union", or check any good plumbing supply outlet.

Thanks. I did the search and understand the concept but I'm not any sort of pool expert. If I needed to replace the cell, wouldn't I just turn the pump off, unscrew and replace? thx, SR

Not trying to be a smart*****...