I think I need to shock my pool, but am looking for someone else's opinion (besides my own) to confirm.
We got a rain storm through the other night. The next morning, my pH had moved from 7.4-7.5 to almost 7.8. Then, the water started getting cloudy, and has slowly started getting a greenish tint.
pH: 7.5 - 7.8, closer to 7.8
I know, I know .... OCLT of -2 and green water should be a no brainer to shock. What I can't figure out is the CC of 0. Why is the CC test registering no combined chlorine if there's obviously green in the water? The CC has not moved from 0 since the rain storm.
Am I right to shock the pool? And if so, what's up with the CC test?