CYA question

Rowski

Jul 5, 2011
Northern VT
After adding does of stabilizer, generally speaking, how long does it take increase the CYA number to its potential?

I added CYA stabilizer last Saturday. Put it in a sock hanging from the ladder. The stabilizer was completely gone from the sock by Wednesday. So would my CYA number be at its high point right after the sock was empty or does it take longer?

I'm sure running the pump has some influence. I'm been running my pump about 6-8 hrs per day split between morning and night.

Generally, we advise to wait a week after introduction to the pool to get an accurate CYA reading. Sometimes it will show on the test quite a bit sooner (3 days) but a week seems to be a good rule of thumb.

For calculating your FC dosages, you can ASSUME the CYA (in the amount you calculated) is in the pool and effective within 24 hours.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.