Tucson, AZ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pureline Crystal Pure 60,000
Both my neighbor and I have very similar pools, same equipment, same PB. We have very hard water here in southern AZ, so almost everyone has a water softener. When my house was built a water softener loop was plumbed in, so that all outside taps including my pool filler are untreated water.

My neighbor does not have this, so his outside taps are soft water. During a filling of the pool he can use the one connection on the front corner of his house that has untreated water, even if he didn't, the capacity of the softener would quickly be overcome and most of the water would still be untreated.

Here in the middle of the Sonoran Desert, with daytime temps over 100 and humidity from single digits up to a high in the teens, we have a lot of evaporation and his auto fill is constantly putting soft water into his pool.

His SWG shutdown indicating high salt. Could this be due to the soft water? Are there other issues could be caused by the soft water feed to the pool?

The water softener adds salt to replace the calcium it removes. If you have a lot of evaporation, that will steadily raise the salt level. Most places that still isn't enough to get the salt level up to what a SWG wants, but it is possible for it to eventually add too much salt if the conditions are correct.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.