Spray deck cost - please comment

divnkd101 said:
Sounds a little high but still within reason. Is your other decking already poured an in place??? You may be running into Min. order pricing. Good Luck.

No, it will all be poured at the same time. The addition is a large curved area, so I figured maybe the forms are a little harder to make.

I think the main factor is that construction labor is at a premium in the New Orleans area due to the rebuilding from Katrina.

Thanks for the comment.

my spray deck is costing $2.75/s.f.

My spray deck is costing $2.75/s.f. and on top of that another $1.75 to have the cool deck ground off on the pool renovation project that I am getting started on after the first of the year. He told me that his regular price was $3.50/s.f. but that he was just doing it to keep his guys working while it is slow. For what is involved it seems like removing the old finish is a bigger job than putting on the new. Gonna have the plaster and tiles replaced as well total project cost of $8,200. I thought that I wanted to have an auto fill installed but because of the minimum pour rate that another contractor quoted me I had already crossed it off of the list. For $1,100 to add it to my existing pool seemed outrageous.

Today, on any job the price is quite flexible. Try several different contractors and don't be surprised if some
are 1/2 the price of others. Business is slow and getting slower and many are very hungry. The days of
making a quick fat buck is over.

Cliff s

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.