Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Spray deck cost - please comment

1. Back To Top    #1

Spray deck cost - please comment

I am having an extra 112 sq/ft of decking poured that will be spray deck with a two-tone color. I was quoted $868 which is $7.75 per sq/ft. Does this sound reasonable? TIA
    Lee
    10200 gal 12x24 IG vinyl, Dual Main Drains, Sta Rite System 3 cartridge filter, 1.5 HP pump, Zodiac LM3 SWCG, Letro Platinum w/booster, Colorlogic, Spraydeck, Deck jets, Oasis 36" Arch Waterfall, custom built BBQ island

2. Back To Top    #2
    Sounds a little high but still within reason. Is your other decking already poured an in place??? You may be running into Min. order pricing. Good Luck.
    MIKE

21K Inground Custom w/ Spa (Gunite/Plaster), SWCG, Hayward Northstar, Polaris 280, Hayward Color Logics, Jandy PS-8

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by divnkd101
    Sounds a little high but still within reason. Is your other decking already poured an in place??? You may be running into Min. order pricing. Good Luck.
    No, it will all be poured at the same time. The addition is a large curved area, so I figured maybe the forms are a little harder to make.

I think the main factor is that construction labor is at a premium in the New Orleans area due to the rebuilding from Katrina.

Thanks for the comment.
    Lee
    10200 gal 12x24 IG vinyl, Dual Main Drains, Sta Rite System 3 cartridge filter, 1.5 HP pump, Zodiac LM3 SWCG, Letro Platinum w/booster, Colorlogic, Spraydeck, Deck jets, Oasis 36" Arch Waterfall, custom built BBQ island

4. Back To Top    #4
    Sounds very reasonable to me. I'd have to look back, but I think we paid $9.50 per sq. foot for SunDek.
    TFP Founder

My Pool: 13K gal IG gunite with 7' spa, Pentair Cartridge Filter, Intellichlor IC40 SWG, Polaris 280 Cleaner, TF-100 Test Kit w/ salt test.

5. Back To Top    #5
    Just curious, are these prices just for the spray deck, or does it include the concrete portion of the decking as well?
    16x32 IG vinyl, 19,000 gal, 1.0 hp pump, sand filter, 2 returns, 1 skimmer, diving board, slide

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by Riles_J
    Just curious, are these prices just for the spray deck, or does it include the concrete portion of the decking as well?
    Concrete portion as well.
    Lee

7. Back To Top    #7

my spray deck is costing $2.75/s.f.

My spray deck is costing $2.75/s.f. and on top of that another $1.75 to have the cool deck ground off on the pool renovation project that I am getting started on after the first of the year. He told me that his regular price was $3.50/s.f. but that he was just doing it to keep his guys working while it is slow. For what is involved it seems like removing the old finish is a bigger job than putting on the new. Gonna have the plaster and tiles replaced as well total project cost of $8,200. I thought that I wanted to have an auto fill installed but because of the minimum pour rate that another contractor quoted me I had already crossed it off of the list. For $1,100 to add it to my existing pool seemed outrageous.
    My pool: Approx. 20,000 gal. concrete freeform IG/spa combo with 2 hp. pump, Hayward cartridge filter, 3 return lines, Hayward Pool Vac Ultra on dedicated line, gas heater (unused).

8. Back To Top    #8
    Today, on any job the price is quite flexible. Try several different contractors and don't be surprised if some
    are 1/2 the price of others. Business is slow and getting slower and many are very hungry. The days of
    making a quick fat buck is over.

Cliff s

9. Back To Top    #9
    I may be wrong, but I don't think all spray decks are necessarily equal. I'd look for an authorized SunDek, or Kool Deck installer. You want something that is going to hold up for as many years as possible.
    TFP Founder

My Pool: 13K gal IG gunite with 7' spa, Pentair Cartridge Filter, Intellichlor IC40 SWG, Polaris 280 Cleaner, TF-100 Test Kit w/ salt test.