Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Moles and Pool Temp

1. Back To Top    #1

Moles and Pool Temp

Two unrelated questions here:
    1. I have a weather website and I would like to add the pool temperature. I can add a temp sensor to the weather station (Davis VP2) for about $130 which is a bit more than I would like to spend. Does anyone know of any options that cost less?

2. I have a 30' above ground pool. When installing the liner, they put a 45 degree slope (about 6') made of sand where the bottom and the sides of the pool meet. My understanding is that this is a major stress point where the weight/pressure of the water needs to be dispersed. The issue here is that moles are tunneling under the pool. they have moved the sand out of this area in many places and the liner has stretched to fill in the holes/tunnels. Has any one else had this issue? Is this something that should be worried about? Other than replacing the liner, any ideas on how to fix it? Should I just wait and see what happens?

30' Diameter Above Ground Pool, 20,100 gallon,
    Sand Filter, 1.5 hp Pump

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tucson, AZ

Re: Moles and Pool Temp

11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!
    TF Test Kits -- PoolMath -- Pool School
    Make each day your masterpiece. - John Wooden

3. Back To Top    #3
    Logan IA

Don't let it worry you. As long as you don't drain the pool you'll be ok. Don't ask me how I know.
    21' Leslies Beachland Ag Pool, 10,000 gallons, professionally installed (best money I ever spent) Hayward 16" sand filter w/Pentair two speed pump Fafco 4x20 solar heater,Aqua Trol RJ. Borates added. Hard plumbed.

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks for the reply. One of my theories in life is - if there is no crisis, don't make one. So I think I will just let it alone.
    30' Diameter Above Ground Pool, 20,100 gallon,
    Sand Filter, 1.5 hp Pump