Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: I'm looking for LED lights for my BBQ Island

1. Back To Top    #1

I'm looking for LED lights for my BBQ Island

I want to add some lights to the BBQ Island. Most of the Islands you see pre-built have the 'Puck' style halogen lights. I don't like them and they get very hot.

I want something low wattage, so I think LED is the way to go. I'm sure someone must make sets of lights that I can just drill and mount. If they had a remote comtrol, that would be even better.

Has anyone got something like this on their landscaping?

At some point after the BBQ is done, I'll need to find some Landscape lights too. I've looked a little bit at the Vista Outdoor LED lights.
    40x20 Free Form IG Pool (aprox 29,000 Gal, 140 Perimeter, depth 3'6"-7', Baja Shelf, 8x8 Free Form Spa) - Gunite Shell, Pebble Plaster Finish, Poured Concrete Coping - 3 Deep Heat Returns - Jandy LXi400 Gas Heater (400,000 Btu) - Jandy Variable Speed Pump JEP 2.0 - Jandy CL 600 Filter - HASA Liquidator - Jandy PDA 6 w/ Remote - 4x Jandy WaterColors Pool LEDs - 48" Gas Fire Pit - 6x Gas Tiki Torches - 12'x15' U-shaped BBQ Island (Firemagic Equipment)
    http://www.troublefreepool.com/new-p...ca-t28413.html

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: I'm looking for LED lights for my BBQ Island

I'm having trouble picturing this. You mean pucks like are used for under-cabinet lighting?
    11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!
    TF Test Kits -- PoolMath -- Pool School
    Make each day your masterpiece. - John Wooden

3. Back To Top    #3

I installed some 1 watt LED puck lights under my kitchen cabinets and they are pretty awesome - is that the kinda thing you are looking for?

Are you looking for color too? The only RGB pucks I know of are higher end theatrical stuff. The price would get prohibitive with controllers, etc.
    16K Gal Plaster | Compupool SWG | Intelliflow VF | TF-100

4. Back To Top    #4

Yea, under cabinet type lighting.

This company makes LEDs in a bunch of colors. I'd like something like this in a "Kit" that can be easily installed:

http://www.berkeleypoint.com/products/l ... s/100.html
    40x20 Free Form IG Pool (aprox 29,000 Gal, 140 Perimeter, depth 3'6"-7', Baja Shelf, 8x8 Free Form Spa) - Gunite Shell, Pebble Plaster Finish, Poured Concrete Coping - 3 Deep Heat Returns - Jandy LXi400 Gas Heater (400,000 Btu) - Jandy Variable Speed Pump JEP 2.0 - Jandy CL 600 Filter - HASA Liquidator - Jandy PDA 6 w/ Remote - 4x Jandy WaterColors Pool LEDs - 48" Gas Fire Pit - 6x Gas Tiki Torches - 12'x15' U-shaped BBQ Island (Firemagic Equipment)
    http://www.troublefreepool.com/new-p...ca-t28413.html

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare
    I want to add some lights to the BBQ Island. Most of the Islands you see pre-built have the 'Puck' style halogen lights. I don't like them and they get very hot.

I want something low wattage, so I think LED is the way to go. I'm sure someone must make sets of lights that I can just drill and mount. If they had a remote comtrol, that would be even better.

Has anyone got something like this on their landscaping?

At some point after the BBQ is done, I'll need to find some Landscape lights too. I've looked a little bit at the Vista Outdoor LED lights.
    LED flex strip lights are the way to go, can do single color or RGB with remote control, pls PM me for add'l info
    Steve-Liteguy

13K Pebble-tech Pool, ECO pump, IntelliChlor SWG, DE