DuckinVegas

Jul 15, 2011
Henderson, NV
Hello all,
So glad I found this site. Just bought my first home here in Henderson, NV just outside of Las Vegas. Nice pool, never had one before and am completely clueless about maintainance, etc. Found some supplies in the garage and a test kit (don't know how old it is). I'm sure I'll be asking tons of questions. Thanks for a great place to learn.

Welcome!

Odds are, that test kit is inadequate. There's an article in Pool School explaining the kits. Or I'll give you the abbreviated version: http://www.tftestkits.net Get a TF100. Add the XL package. Add the speedstir (It's indispensible for the CH test, as high as you're likely to reading) and you may as well get the refill for R-0012 now and save on shipping.

I happened to be in Vegas last weekend, and while I was there I stopped at a pool store to pick up some contraband paint for my brother-in-law. Shhh, don't tell! Anyway, it looked like they've been there forever. If you need some obscure part, that's where I'd start looking. Had the usual buckets of stuff in there, but also had huge racks of liquid chlorine and muriatic acid by the door. I'll bet they won't give you any lip if you walk in and ask for 4 gallons of chlorine. It's on Main St, a couple blocks north of the Stratosphere.