Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Replace Pentair/Compool valve actuator with Jandy?

1. Back To Top    #1

I'm all over the place... my pool's in The O.C.

Replace Pentair/Compool valve actuator with Jandy?

One of our Compool valve actuators is dead and we don't have time to take it apart, diagnose, order parts, rebuild, etc., so only option is to replace it.

Has anybody ever replaced a CVA-24T with a Jandy valve actuator? Any compatibility issues or difficulties switching these products? Builder did not leave us with a manual or installation instructions for the CVA, so I have no idea what I'm doing.

I'm getting ready to leave town and I desperately need to get this problem resolved. Advice would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks so much!
    Small (~5k) in-ground pebble “plunge pool” with raised spillover spa and separate water feature. Pentair FNS+60 DE filter. IntelliChlor SWG. WhisperFlo pumps. Jandy valves. IntelliTouch outdoor control panel with indoor control pad.

2. Back To Top    #2
    SouthWest Alabama

Re: Replace Pentair/Compool valve actuator with Jandy?

The valve actuators should operate the same. You may have to filp the direction switch but it should have no problem with the voltage from the controller.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Replace Pentair/Compool valve actuator with Jandy?

I actually replaced the Compool with the Jandy and left the same actuator. They are compatible. No issues.
    Temecula, CA
    28,000 Gal. In-Ground plaster and tile, Total Control AutoPilot with SC-60 SWG and PH control, Pentair EasyTouch 8, EasyTouch Wireless Remote, Intelliflo VS+SVRS pump, Intellibrite lighting, Pentair Quad 100, Solar heating, Pentair Mastertemp 400 Gas Heater, The Pool Cleaner 4x, Aquabot Turbo T2 Robotic Cleaner, Water feature spillover from SPA.