Quick couple CYA / FC questions.

Nightmare

LifeTime Supporter
Jan 21, 2011
Riverside, CA
My CYA level is up somewhere near 70. I really wanted to keep it down below 50. I've removed the Tablets, so I hope it wil start to head back down. I'm currently adding a couple inches of water a week due to evaporation.

Using the CYA/FC chart in Pool School, I should have a FC level near 8.

Will the FC hold at 8 with a CYA of 70 just as easily as a FC of 4 with a CYA of 30? Or will it take more chlorine to maintain the higher level?

Is there any down side to a level of 70 at this time? The pool setup guy was very concerned about the Liquidator. Now I'm running FC of 8 through the heater 24/7 (with or without the LQ). :hammer:

The FC of 8 with a CYA of 70 will hold just as well or maybe better than an FC of 4 with a CYA of 30.

I don't know why they get so caught up about the LQ. They say they're worried about the LQ but then they're very happy to tell you to shock the pool once a week to some ridiculous FC and let that run through the heater and every thing else. :scratch:

Remember that the CYA is holding your FC hostage until it's needed. The heater and all won't see the full FC of 8.

They are scared of the LQ because they:
1. Don't know how it works
2. Can't sell you some ridiculously overpriced stuff instead of you using the LQ

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.