Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Quick couple CYA / FC questions.

1. Back To Top    #1

Riverside, CA

Quick couple CYA / FC questions.

My CYA level is up somewhere near 70. I really wanted to keep it down below 50. I've removed the Tablets, so I hope it wil start to head back down. I'm currently adding a couple inches of water a week due to evaporation.

Using the CYA/FC chart in Pool School, I should have a FC level near 8.

Will the FC hold at 8 with a CYA of 70 just as easily as a FC of 4 with a CYA of 30? Or will it take more chlorine to maintain the higher level?

Is there any down side to a level of 70 at this time? The pool setup guy was very concerned about the Liquidator. Now I'm running FC of 8 through the heater 24/7 (with or without the LQ).
    40x20 Free Form IG Pool (aprox 29,000 Gal, 140 Perimeter, depth 3'6"-7', Baja Shelf, 8x8 Free Form Spa) - Gunite Shell, Pebble Plaster Finish, Poured Concrete Coping - 3 Deep Heat Returns - Jandy LXi400 Gas Heater (400,000 Btu) - Jandy Variable Speed Pump JEP 2.0 - Jandy CL 600 Filter - HASA Liquidator - Jandy PDA 6 w/ Remote - 4x Jandy WaterColors Pool LEDs - 48" Gas Fire Pit - 6x Gas Tiki Torches - 12'x15' U-shaped BBQ Island (Firemagic Equipment)

2. Back To Top    #2
    SouthWest Alabama

Re: Quick couple CYA / FC questions.

The FC of 8 with a CYA of 70 will hold just as well or maybe better than an FC of 4 with a CYA of 30.

I don't know why they get so caught up about the LQ. They say they're worried about the LQ but then they're very happy to tell you to shock the pool once a week to some ridiculous FC and let that run through the heater and every thing else.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Dallas, TX

Re: Quick couple CYA / FC questions.

Remember that the CYA is holding your FC hostage until it's needed. The heater and all won't see the full FC of 8.

They are scared of the LQ because they:
    1. Don't know how it works
    2. Can't sell you some ridiculously overpriced stuff instead of you using the LQ
    Built in 1957 44,000 gallon in-ground, Wet Edge Primera Stone in Sky Blue, Intelliflo VF Pump, 600 lb. Pentair Triton II TR-100 Sand Filter, CircuPool RG 60 Plus SWG, TF-100 test kit
    If TFP has helped you, please click to SUPPORT TFP!