Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Grilled apples

1. Back To Top    #1

Grilled apples

Great desert to be thrown on the grill after the main corse. Take some large granny smith apples, core them, its best to leave one side closed, basiclly core it but not all the way through. Then stuff it with carmel then alittle butter then brown sugar along with another slice of butter and then more carmel. You can add alittle bit of cinnamon throughout the layers if you wish. Wrap it up with some foil and throw it on the grill. For those using charcoal, I will say they do require a fair amount of heat to cook, so dont wait too long before you cook them. How long you cook them is up to you, some prefer mushy others prefer alittle crispy. I think they are best cooked on the little crisp side, this can take approx 15 to 20 min. Enjoy
    22,000 Gal Vinyl Inground, Pentair Quad DE 80, Pentair Whisperflow 2spd WFDS-24, Stenner pump w/15 gal tank for liquid chlorine, clorinator, Polaris 380, Fountain

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Grilled apples

Sounds pretty good! Thanks for posting it
    11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!
    TF Test Kits -- PoolMath -- Pool School
    Make each day your masterpiece. - John Wooden

3. Back To Top    #3

Welcome, hope some try it and enjoy

Seth
    22,000 Gal Vinyl Inground, Pentair Quad DE 80, Pentair Whisperflow 2spd WFDS-24, Stenner pump w/15 gal tank for liquid chlorine, clorinator, Polaris 380, Fountain

4. Back To Top    #4

I made one apple last night and I have to admit I was skeptical about even trying on the grill and how good it would be.it was awesome im going to make alot more next time..thanks for the post now I have something else to cook on my weber performer grill...

18ft 52in deep doughboy 8000 gallons
    22 in sand filter
    1 1/2 pump
    tk-2006 test kit that rocks!
    12.5% chlorine
    aqua critter vac

5. Back To Top    #5

yum. I take an onion and core it then stuff with garlic and butter, wrap in aluminum foil and toss on the grill with meat du jour. Sounds like a great addition!
    Garden Leisure Voyager 12x24 AGP, 7500 Gallons, Hayward Power Flo Matrix 1 HP pump, dual speed, Hayward XStream Cartridge Filter, 120 GPM,

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeye
    I made one apple last night and I have to admit I was skeptical about even trying on the grill and how good it would be.it was awesome im going to make alot more next time..thanks for the post now I have something else to cook on my weber performer grill...
    Happy you tried it and you liked, enjoy

Seth

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by Sportsman
    yum. I take an onion and core it then stuff with garlic and butter, wrap in aluminum foil and toss on the grill with meat du jour. Sounds like a great addition!

WOW, that does sound good. I have to admit I hate onions unless they are seasoned and cooked in some way. Will have to give this a shot

Seth

8. Back To Top    #8

I agree - I hate raw onions but get it nice and caramelized and it's delicious.
    Garden Leisure Voyager 12x24 AGP, 7500 Gallons, Hayward Power Flo Matrix 1 HP pump, dual speed, Hayward XStream Cartridge Filter, 120 GPM,

9. Back To Top    #9

Hi All~~

Both the apple and the onion sound good. The OP says the apple needs 15 to 20 minutes. How long for the onion? Longer?

I want to try this but don't want to blow it either....

Thanks,
    Lana
    23,600 gallon, refurbished 1960's inground concrete, Jandy sand filter w Jandy 2 hp variable speed pump, Pool Pilot Digital SWCG+Chemtrol 2100+CO2 tank; PebbleTec White Pearl with 10% Cobalt Blue Dark Beadcrete by Olympic Pool Plastering, Georgia. Taylor K-2006 Test Kit; Aqua Check Salt test; LaMotte borates test, and Jack's Magic Sequest test kit; SparklyPoolitis level: extremely high.

10. Back To Top    #10

i cook the onion about 30 minutes but I don't time it. The tin foil keeps it from really burning. I do usually put it on the higher rack (usually for bread) after 20 minutes and with my grill that eliminates worry of scorching. (Charbroil Big Red - love it BTW)

11. Back To Top    #11

by the by, for those of you who can't wait

if you skip wrapping the apple in Foil you can toss it in the microwave for 5 min on High and end up with the same result
    14x28 Rectangle 13,000 gallons
    Jandy CV640 cartrige filter
    IG, Diamond brite quartz finish.
    Jandy 2hp 2 speed pump
    TF-100 test kit