whats the limit

SHADEZ

Jul 10, 2011
I am going to attempt to SC my pool with suspiciously high cya leve and i can't find any literature yet as to how much pool shock bleach to add to a pool safely at one time .. so i don't gove over that limit at one time

You need to know how high the CYA level is, and most tests only read up to 100 ppm. It is possible to have CYA at 200 or more. While it is possible to shock and clear a pool with very high CYA, the cost to do so would be high. You need to find out how high your CYA level is so you will know how much bleach to use to reach shock level, and how much bleach would be too much.

Use a mixture of 1 cup pool water and 1 cup tap water and test the CYA level. Double the result. If your results over 70 ppm you should partially drain and refill the pool to bring the CYA level down.

basiccally what im asking is how much liquid chlorine is the safe limit at one time per like .. 10000 gallons .. assuming you have a high cya level and requires alot of chlorine .. do i have to space the dosages apart a given time frame or is it sage to add the whole suggested amount at one time?

like theres a limit to how much soda ash and baking soda you can att per volume at one time .. does liquid chlorine have a limited dosage amount as well?

When we had the AFR 2 weeks ago, I put about 7 gallons of 12% into my pool in under 24 hours. My FC hit about 30 PPM. I was a little concerned, but it fell quickly down to a normal level.

Someone posted about a public pool at 50+ ppm. They said the people in the pool didn't really notice, but that it bleached some swimsuits.

I just added some cal hypo about 9 hours ago how long do i have to wait before i should add bleach since im not supposed to add two chemicals at the same time i waited .. but for how long? .. adding bleach because i've run out of cal hypo at the moment

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.