Safe to kick off sides of pool?

My pool: no pushing off of wall, no standing/sitting on rails and no jumping off of ladder.
We have a partial wrap around deck so people can jump from that.
My 5 year old is exempt since she is too light to do any damage.....my wife is still learning :wink:

As the builder of the pool I do occasionally push off the walls when swimming but I do it very lightly, as long as people aren't ridiculous in the way they shove off the wall then I don't worry too much about it.

PS: People jokingly ask me "Haha, will the water turn blue if I pee in there?"
To which I respond with a straight face "No....red."
They look at me "......really???"
It's hilarious.

pjiv said:
People want to swim in my pool, and they just semm to have to puch off the side of it with there feet. Is this okay for the pool? I don't let them kick near the seam of the pool. Thanks!

We have the same problem! They constantly jump off the steps (which worries me that we will get a tear in the liner) and push hard enough off the walls that sometimes you hear them "pop". They act like I'm being rediculous and that it can't hurt anything.... :blah: , but they aren't the ones who have invested all the money and time/care into it like we have.... :rant: They're family, so what are you supposed to do? :roll:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.