help with FAS-DPD KIT

Jul 9, 2011
I am trying to figure this thing out,I have a leslie's kit and having trouble with the FC test.
1- i filled big tube to the to 25 ml
2- i add 2 scoups of R-0870(even with top of LiL rim)sampl is pink
3-added drop's of R-0871 with 30 drops before water clears.
4- is where iam not sure,should i multiply 30 x 0.2 ppm? would equal FC 6 ?

My ph was 7.8 dumped a gal. of maratic acid now 2 hours later it's at 7.1
Fc was 0 so i dump 3 182 fl oz. 6.15% chlorox, thats what iam working ? also 2 1lb bag shock and 3 tab in clorinator
Tc was 300 had not checked again more worrid about FC right now
CYA showed none but 1st trying with kit,so i refilled stocking
water is still light green and still getting light rain on and off. wife has been dumping 2-3 3/4 gals of bleach every night and stabalizer in stocking and i refilled it and i will test CYA in moring

Reactions: charliej
bullet20 said:
I am trying to figure this thing out,I have a leslie's kit and having trouble with the FC test.
1- i filled big tube to the to 25 ml
2- i add 2 scoups of R-0870(even with top of LiL rim)sampl is pink
3-added drop's of R-0871 with 30 drops before water clears.
4- is where iam not sure,should i multiply 30 x 0.2 ppm? would equal FC 6 ?
Yes. The next step is to add 5 drops of R-003. If it turns pink again, you have CC. Use the same procedure with the R-0871 to get your CC reading.
My ph was 7.8 dumped a gal. of maratic acid now 2 hours later it's at 7.1
Fc was 0 so i dump 3 182 fl oz. 6.15% chlorox, thats what iam working ? also 2 1lb bag shock and 3 tab in clorinator
Tc was 300 had not checked again more worrid about FC right now
CYA showed none but 1st trying with kit,so i refilled stocking
water is still light green and still getting light rain on and off. wife has been dumping 2-3 3/4 gals of bleach every night and stabalizer in stocking and i refilled it and i will test CYA in moring
I suggest you print out the directions on how to shock your pool and read them every couple hours as you replenish the bleach. Once a day is probably not enough if the pool is green.

I'm not sure but I think with your test kit you can do the same as I do with my Taylor's Kit. Try filling up the tube to the 10 ml mark. Then add 2 scoops, then add the 0871 and multiply the number of drops it takes to clear it by 0.5. That will indicate your FC. This way you avoid using so much of your reagents.

When your pool has enough chlorine, it will not take 2 scoops to turn pink. Just so you know, try one scoop when you're done shocking and all is well. If it turns pink, you need no more.

edit: at 10ml sample, one scoop or less @ 10ml. Not 25ml.

ok back in the mix :lol:
checked this morning test
FC-3.5 down .5 from last night 4
cc-2.5 down .5 3
PH-7.0 holding sence MA my need to up it a bit?
CYA-20-25 up from 0 ? still have alot left in sock and move constantly
starting to get it
watr is looking better not much green noticeable get mostly clody.
i will be gone get more bleech this morning and test later today the FC
and start hooking up SWG circupool RJ 30

yes i am steady added and testing today,i checked the pool table but i always have to add more than what it says to,i had the fc up to 8.5 and then i went dump 4 more true value bleach an i will test again soon. sun came out at 230 here so that might hurt me some,but i am also still dissolving stabalizer ,was at 20-25 this morning. thanks for the help jason i will keep update,
ps. water is looking better all the time, :-D i will try to get some pics up soon as i can because i know yall like that and also for any input on the way i am hooking up SWG. i have been reel buzy with cutting grass and honey dew's. :whip:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hey, check that "True Value" bleach, read the label. Our local Kroger has something with a name similar to that and it is only 3% chlorine, meaning you are adding half what you think you are. There is another brand there called Everyday Living or something like that, and it's the full 6%.

the true value brand is 6% and it was $1.47 at local wally world, i will check at winn dixie tonight to see what they have because wife has a discount card.
Also i findley got it up to 12.5 FC, :party:
3 CC

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.