Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: help with FAS-DPD KIT

1. Back To Top    #1

help with FAS-DPD KIT

I am trying to figure this thing out,I have a leslie's kit and having trouble with the FC test.
    1- i filled big tube to the to 25 ml
    2- i add 2 scoups of R-0870(even with top of LiL rim)sampl is pink
    3-added drop's of R-0871 with 30 drops before water clears.
    4- is where iam not sure,should i multiply 30 x 0.2 ppm? would equal FC 6 ?

My ph was 7.8 dumped a gal. of maratic acid now 2 hours later it's at 7.1
    Fc was 0 so i dump 3 182 fl oz. 6.15% chlorox, thats what iam working ? also 2 1lb bag shock and 3 tab in clorinator
    Tc was 300 had not checked again more worrid about FC right now
    CYA showed none but 1st trying with kit,so i refilled stocking
    water is still light green and still getting light rain on and off. wife has been dumping 2-3 3/4 gals of bleach every night and stabalizer in stocking and i refilled it and i will test CYA in moring
    24' AGP sandstone,12,000 gal , cricupool rj30 SWG,fas-dpd test kit. BBB

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: help with FAS-DPD KIT

Quote Originally Posted by bullet20
    I am trying to figure this thing out,I have a leslie's kit and having trouble with the FC test.
    1- i filled big tube to the to 25 ml
    2- i add 2 scoups of R-0870(even with top of LiL rim)sampl is pink
    3-added drop's of R-0871 with 30 drops before water clears.
    4- is where iam not sure,should i multiply 30 x 0.2 ppm? would equal FC 6 ?
    Yes. The next step is to add 5 drops of R-003. If it turns pink again, you have CC. Use the same procedure with the R-0871 to get your CC reading.
    My ph was 7.8 dumped a gal. of maratic acid now 2 hours later it's at 7.1
    Fc was 0 so i dump 3 182 fl oz. 6.15% chlorox, thats what iam working ? also 2 1lb bag shock and 3 tab in clorinator
    Tc was 300 had not checked again more worrid about FC right now
    CYA showed none but 1st trying with kit,so i refilled stocking
    water is still light green and still getting light rain on and off. wife has been dumping 2-3 3/4 gals of bleach every night and stabalizer in stocking and i refilled it and i will test CYA in moring
    I suggest you print out the directions on how to shock your pool and read them every couple hours as you replenish the bleach. Once a day is probably not enough if the pool is green.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3

I'm not sure but I think with your test kit you can do the same as I do with my Taylor's Kit. Try filling up the tube to the 10 ml mark. Then add 2 scoops, then add the 0871 and multiply the number of drops it takes to clear it by 0.5. That will indicate your FC. This way you avoid using so much of your reagents.
    14,700 gal. 14 x 28 rectangle with 2R IG by Hydra Pools, 1 hp Hayward Maxflow ll, Hayward 24" Sand Filter, Aquarite Electronic SWG, one Aqua Genie Complete Skimmer, two main drains, four returns, 2 spa jets in steps, 30ml Tidewater liner. Taylor K-2006 Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

ok done it useing 0.5 to save
    FC -4
    CC-3
    damm if thisis right it's gone to take me alot more bleach to get the shock procedure up.
    I might need 30 gals.

5. Back To Top    #5

i dump 3 more chlorox 6.15% for tonight ill check it in morning and i know ill have to get more,I learning all the time,thanks guys.

6. Back To Top    #6

When your pool has enough chlorine, it will not take 2 scoops to turn pink. Just so you know, try one scoop when you're done shocking and all is well. If it turns pink, you need no more.

edit: at 10ml sample, one scoop or less @ 10ml. Not 25ml.
    Where kids swim in 54 degree water, turn blue, and giggle happily cuz they got a POOL!
    Year 3 BBB -15' x 48" Intex Metal Frame - Was using (2) 1000gph Intex cartridge filters (see Full time pumping Intex). 2012, converted to 1600gph and sand filter+SWG = Sand filter love affair!
    Don't waste time and energy looking for a better value on test kits, the TF100 is the best deal around. I did the looking and spent the extra money, but you don't have to make the same mistake. Just go here: TFTestkits. I use Pool Calculator for min/max, and shocking chlorine levels.

7. Back To Top    #7

Your on the right track
    20' X 54" Sharkline Matrix Resin AGP, 9400 Gallons, Sta-Rite 1 HP Dynamo Pump, 150 lb Pentair Sand Filter, Gorilla Pad,
    Foam Cove, Taylor K-2006 kit, BBB method, 8'X20' Fafco Sunsaver Hard Plumb, DIY Fountain, Margarittaville Fiji

My Build: one-man-one-pool-and-one-deck-agp-pics-t37172.html
    My Build 'To-Do' List for other DIY'ers: my-pool-build-list-t40249.html?hilit=list

8. Back To Top    #8

ok back in the mix
    checked this morning test
    FC-3.5 down .5 from last night 4
    cc-2.5 down .5 3
    PH-7.0 holding sence MA my need to up it a bit?
    CYA-20-25 up from 0 ? still have alot left in sock and move constantly
    starting to get it
    watr is looking better not much green noticeable get mostly clody.
    i will be gone get more bleech this morning and test later today the FC
    and start hooking up SWG circupool RJ 30

9. Back To Top    #9

You should be adding more chlorine. With CC at 2.5 you should be shocking, which means FC levels around 12 until the CC level comes down.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

10. Back To Top    #10

yes i am steady added and testing today,i checked the pool table but i always have to add more than what it says to,i had the fc up to 8.5 and then i went dump 4 more true value bleach an i will test again soon. sun came out at 230 here so that might hurt me some,but i am also still dissolving stabalizer ,was at 20-25 this morning. thanks for the help jason i will keep update,
    ps. water is looking better all the time, i will try to get some pics up soon as i can because i know yall like that and also for any input on the way i am hooking up SWG. i have been reel buzy with cutting grass and honey dew's.

11. Back To Top    #11

Hey, check that "True Value" bleach, read the label. Our local Kroger has something with a name similar to that and it is only 3% chlorine, meaning you are adding half what you think you are. There is another brand there called Everyday Living or something like that, and it's the full 6%.
    Built in 1957 44,000 gallon in-ground, Wet Edge Primera Stone in Sky Blue, Intelliflo VF Pump, 600 lb. Pentair Triton II TR-100 Sand Filter, CircuPool RG 60 Plus SWG, TF-100 test kit
    If TFP has helped you, please click to SUPPORT TFP!

12. Back To Top    #12

the true value brand is 6% and it was $1.47 at local wally world, i will check at winn dixie tonight to see what they have because wife has a discount card.
    Also i findley got it up to 12.5 FC,
    3 CC