Got called this AM (early ) to go test a new hotel's indoor pool and give them a test and teach them 'pool school'.
Well, I get there, test kit in hand, and the maint. guy has called in for the day . There is the GM and some woman with an accent who finally meet us to see the pool...
Test results: (using Taylor 2005-K)
cl = 0
tc = 0
pH = 8.0+ (five drops of acid demand = 7.4)
TA = 150
CH = 250
cya = <30 some cloudiness but the dot is still there, from which I assume that it's ~< 20
Dimensions are ~ 15 X 28' with 3 - 5' depth and corner, built in stairs. It's a marcite coated pool, unfortunately no one seems to know how long it's been since the plaster was applied and when it was filled
Given my boss' 'follow-through', I may never see this pool again, but wanted y'all's take on the numbers.
My take was to tell them to add 3 qts of 6% bleach and 2.5 qt muriatic acid (or 4.5lbs dry acid) and keep an eye on things til I get sent back -- I also told them to brush the pool daily. They have an auto chlorine feeder (pucks ) that they plan to replace with a SWCG at some point in the future. I warned them about the pucks and said that the SWCG would remove certain problems they are likely to encounter -- I did not, however, talk about chems to remove CC in an indoor pool
Anyone care to help me with how to deal with this pool if I ever get called back, or have to help them via phone?
Thanks, in advance, to all who respond