Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: AHHHH, been using BBB for 8 months and now battling a swamp

1. Back To Top    #1

AHHHH, been using BBB for 8 months and now battling a swamp

thank God it is not my pool.

I got a call this weekend from my cousin and his pool guy quit on him and now he has a green swamp. I have been using BBB and have yet to see cloudy water and when I got the call did not know what to expect. I took my test kit, pool brush and empty CL jugs and when I got to his house and saw his pool I freaked. It was like some one punched me in the gut.

Thank God for this site and it's members. I took two samples of pool water to the pool store. In one of the samples I put some CL so that the two samples would not be alike. I was a little surprised from the results

FC 0 and 1.5
    PH 8.0 8.0
    TA 150 90
    CYA 55 60
    CH 140 180

The only difference was TA so all in all the pool guy tests were pretty good. I used the bleach calc and brought the CL up to 24ppm and gave my cousin procedures on brushing, cleaning filter, running pump 24 hrs and testing CL. And in 24 hrs his pool is lighter in color this morning. We are on our way to a clean pool.

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who posts and is associated with this site.
    20x40 24,000 gal IG plaster/CircuPool RJ45 SWG/2 skimmer/2sp 2.5hp Jandy Stealth/340sq ft cart filter/600sqftHeliocol Solar Panels/6ft semi circlr tanning ledge/25ft deep end bench/5ft sheer descent/2 lion head water features/1300sqft travertine paver/2 Colorlogic lights/Hayward Navigator/3step 2ft raised bond beam

2. Back To Top    #2

SF Bay Area

Sounds like your cousin is getting an early Christmas gift from you.

Well, not worthless, but pictures of the journey from green swamp to BBB sparking would be really cool to see.

24,000 gallon inground freeform pool/spa circa 1983 (113 ft perimeter, 625 sq ft) with 350 gallon attached spill-over spa
    2007 2 HP, three-phase Hayward TriStar pump which is powered by an Ikeric VS-200 variable speed drive system
    1983 Laars XE Pool/Spa Heater Type ES 400,000 BTU, 1998 Hayward Super Star-Clear C-4000 cartridge filter (400 sq ft, 4 separate cartridges)
    1998 Polaris 380 pressure-side cleaner w/ 3/4 HP booster pump
    One skimmer :( and one PoolSkim :), One Supervision Galaxy LED pool lamp, Second story solar panels
    Hayward/GoldLine AquaLogic PS4 (replaced 1983 vintage dual circuit Intermatic timer)