aquarite chlorinator
    suction side cleaner
    1 sheer descent
    2 lion heads
    1 skimmer
    3 returns
    2 main drains

i don't need to run the sheer or the lion heads

how would u set the pump up to run as efficient as possible?
    i am in south florida

thanks for you help

2. Back To Top    #2
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: setting up intelliflo VF

The first project is to find out the lowest flow rate where the skimmers still skim effectively and keep the aquarite happy. Once you have that figured out, double check that the RPM is at least 900. If the RPM is below 900, adjust the RPM to 900 and use the corresponding flow rate. That is your base flow rate that you want to use most of the time.

You will also want to figure out appropriate flow rates to use with the sheer and lion heads based on getting them to look right. If you have a heater, you will also need to pick a flow rate for the heater that is a little above their minimum flow rate (from the heater manual).
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3
    WoyWoy Australia

Congrats on getting an intelliflo VF , it will just a matter of ajusting the flow so that the lions and decent look the way you like , will they flow all the time or just at set times , are you using a inteliitouch to control valves heater ? .
    7 meter by 2 Meter pebblecrete , VF intelliflo , Pentair ECO-CHLOR 25 , 5 helicol Sunx 40 solar panels & a Associated controls solar controller with an intellicom 3 to control the VF and relay to switch to valves .

4. Back To Top    #4

i will not be running the water features all the time if at all.
    i want the pump to be as efficient as possible
    no auto controls ,but i do have a cleaner