Newly poured concrete deck and question!

tatertot09

LifeTime Supporter
May 4, 2010
Lenoir City TN
So we had our concrete poured around the pool on Monday. they got quite a bit of concrete in the pool and the pool does not sparkle the way it did, the pump has been on 24/7 since monday and its still a bit cloudy. Can I go ahead and put a 1/4th cup of DE in the sand filter to help it pull more particals or is it too soon?

I had that problem too when they poured concrete around my pool a couple of months ago. It took me a while to vacuum up all the debris left in the bottom of the pool. I do have a filter sock in my skimmer and you should have seen all the gunk it collected. Each time I know it was at least a 1 lb! I had to stop and clean it many, many times but in the end, I have a sparkling clean pool again. If you don't already have a filter sock in your skimmer, I would strongly advise you to get one and try it. I got mine off of eBay for less than $10.00 and I got two for that price.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.