Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Newly poured concrete deck and question!

1. Back To Top    #1

Newly poured concrete deck and question!

So we had our concrete poured around the pool on Monday. they got quite a bit of concrete in the pool and the pool does not sparkle the way it did, the pump has been on 24/7 since monday and its still a bit cloudy. Can I go ahead and put a 1/4th cup of DE in the sand filter to help it pull more particals or is it too soon?
    Purposed new pool at home being built- 20x40 vinyl pool, 20ft vinyl covered steps, Automatic cover, 6 ft sheer decent, 4 lighted deck jets, lime stone coping, easy touch, heat pump, SPA- 8x8 fiberglass shell, limestone steps surrounding
    previous home- 16 x 32 IG Vinyl- Install- Mid June 2011. 3ft Shallow 8ft Deep/ Totally Hayward 1HP pump/ 250 pound Sand/ AquaPro800 Heat pump/ Blue Hampton Liner/ 2 Intellibrite LED Lights/ Polaris 360/ 4 Deckjet II's/ 3ft concrete Apron/ 800 sq ft Paver Patio

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Newly poured concrete deck and question!

Adding DE to the filter is just fine, and likely to help. There might also be a problem with your chemical levels.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

My current test results are
    FC 4
    TA 90
    PH 7.4
    CYA 30
    Purposed new pool at home being built- 20x40 vinyl pool, 20ft vinyl covered steps, Automatic cover, 6 ft sheer decent, 4 lighted deck jets, lime stone coping, easy touch, heat pump, SPA- 8x8 fiberglass shell, limestone steps surrounding
    previous home- 16 x 32 IG Vinyl- Install- Mid June 2011. 3ft Shallow 8ft Deep/ Totally Hayward 1HP pump/ 250 pound Sand/ AquaPro800 Heat pump/ Blue Hampton Liner/ 2 Intellibrite LED Lights/ Polaris 360/ 4 Deckjet II's/ 3ft concrete Apron/ 800 sq ft Paver Patio

4. Back To Top    #4

I had that problem too when they poured concrete around my pool a couple of months ago. It took me a while to vacuum up all the debris left in the bottom of the pool. I do have a filter sock in my skimmer and you should have seen all the gunk it collected. Each time I know it was at least a 1 lb! I had to stop and clean it many, many times but in the end, I have a sparkling clean pool again. If you don't already have a filter sock in your skimmer, I would strongly advise you to get one and try it. I got mine off of eBay for less than $10.00 and I got two for that price.
    14,700 gal. 14 x 28 rectangle with 2R IG by Hydra Pools, 1 hp Hayward Maxflow ll, Hayward 24" Sand Filter, Aquarite Electronic SWG, one Aqua Genie Complete Skimmer, two main drains, four returns, 2 spa jets in steps, 30ml Tidewater liner. Taylor K-2006 Test Kit