What type of reel for in ground solar cover?

Jun 16, 2011
Our in ground pool is just about complete, waiting on sidewalks. We want to use our solar cover to bring up the temperature a little. It's been near 90 or over for a week and our temp doesn't break 80. I'm sure if we used the cover it would make a big difference. But without a reel and no sidewalks yet - I'm afraid it's going to make a big mess.

What type reel do you recommend? We are looking at one at the place we bought our pool. It has triangle shaped ends made out of white resin and the pole in the center is aluminum. We can also buy casters for it to move it. Does anyone have one like this? I don't want to spend a fortune, but I don't want to have to replace it in a year or two either.

Thanks!!

20X40X8 Keyhole, vinyl liner

This is the one I bought about 1 year ago.
So far its been great. It's easy to use/move around. My wife can get the cover off by herself. Typically takes 2 to pull it back over.
For the winter, I disassemble the 3 sections for storage in my shed.

Oh I did replace the cover clips, since I didn't like the ones it came with.

5a4a8f7e788bfeb28e7b9a99aedde5eb.260x450.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.