Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: DE powder being blown back into pool.

1. Back To Top    #1

DE powder being blown back into pool.

I am fighting with my pool the last 2 weeks, I had a bad mineral problem I finally cleared up and now when I add DE powder to my filter it is getting blown back in the pool. Any suggestions? (excuse me if my protocol is incorrect, i am a new member).
    athomas1@ptd.net
    Alex Thomas
    26,000 gallon, In Ground, Vinyl liner, DE Filter, not sure of size of filter at this time

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: DE powder being blown back into pool.

Welcome to TFP!

DE getting into the pool is almost always a tear in one of the grids inside the filter allowing DE to get into the pool and preventing the filter from working correctly. It is also possible for some other problem inside the filter to cause the same effect, but usually it is a torn grid.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: DE powder being blown back into pool.

Thank you will check that out!

Quote Originally Posted by JasonLion
    Welcome to TFP!

DE getting into the pool is almost always a tear in one of the grids inside the filter allowing DE to get into the pool and preventing the filter from working correctly. It is also possible for some other problem inside the filter to cause the same effect, but usually it is a torn grid.
    Alex Thomas
    26,000 gallon, In Ground, Vinyl liner, DE Filter, not sure of size of filter at this time