help locating filter for pump incl w/ ProSeries metal frame

Jun 20, 2011
Texas
We purchased an 18' x 48" ProSeries metal frame pool from Sam's Club...pool is identical to the Intex brand but the pump is different. The pump that came with it has turned out to be a pretty good little pump...it does it's job so we'll use it for the summer and look at upgrading next year. But I'm having trouble finding replacement filters for it anywhere other than the manufacturer (PolyGroup) who wants to charge $10/ea for them plus $7 shipping! :shock: They are identical to the Type A filters but the center hole is smaller so it won't work...and I can't think of any way to make them work. Anyone have any experience with this pool/pump and finding filters for it?

This is the listing for the pool... http://www.samsclub.com/sams/shop/produ ... rod1830025 The only description for the pump is it's a "1500 gallon SkimmerPlus filter pump"...no part numbers on the box or anything. And Sam's is the only place I've seen online that sells this particular brand and size pool.

Somebody help. Please. :-D

Re: help locating filter for pump incl w/ ProSeries metal fr

Are you saying the type-A center hole is smaller?
Look at the unicel site. You can select cartridges by size. They have a 4¼" x 8" with a 2-3/16" center hole #C-4602.

I'm sorry...I meant the center hole of my filter is smaller. So the Type is hole is too big. I'll check out the Unicel site. Thank you.

On another note...BBBeliver posted here free-intex-saltwater-system-t35974.html about a bundle Wal-Mart has for $169 that comes with...

•Intex Krystal Clear Saltwater Water Sanitizing System http://www.walmart.com/catalog/Describe ... d=13224568
•Intex Krystal Clear Sand Filter Pump http://www.walmart.com/catalog/Describe ... onent_id=4
•BONUS $50 eGift Card for future Walmart.com purchases

The pump is .5 HP and 1600GPH...would this be big enough or should I choose something larger? It says it's ideal for the 18' but what do they know?! lol Kidding...kinda. I trust opinions on here more! Though we don't HAVE to upgrade, we certainly would for the right price!

Thanks for all your help. I'll probably order it and just forget about the stupid cartridge filters. Be on the look out for my "What the heck goes where and connects to what?" post when we get it in and go to hook it up. lol Surely with a skim through other's past posts and our modest knowledge of plumbing we can get it figured out on our own but I know where to come if we get stuck. Thanks again!

I just purchased this pool from Sam's Club, so this string of information has been most helpful!

Our plans are to convert our pool to salt chlorination as soon as possible.

we also just put up our new 17X48 pool from Sam's this weekend and realized too late it was not an Intex pool! We have always used our salt water system with previous pools (for the last 3 summers) and now are unsure how to continue, didyou ever get this to work?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.