Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Finish Upgrade Question

1. Back To Top    #1

Finish Upgrade Question

Upgrade amount over white plaster:
    Add quartz (generic i guess) $1250
    Wet Edge Luna Quartz $2150
    Wet Edge Pearl or Satin $3500

I was thinking about using quartz, but is Luna Quartz that much better than regular quartz? What's the difference? Thanks

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Finish Upgrade Question

It is mostly in the appearance and what you like the look of. Pearl and Satin should hold up a little better/last a bit longer, but the two different quartz finishes are all about appearance.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

ok, i figured out from the names of the colors the "quartz" option is from quartzscapes. i think im going with the tier 1 color "blue". Anyone else go with quartzscapes?

4. Back To Top    #4

We just finished up, and did the WetEdge Lune Quartz. Color was Pacific, but I think they call it Aruba now. We like it a lot. Great color and feel.
    In all honesty, we had some startup issues, mainly due to the ph being too high, and me not managing the water very well, so we ending up with some white stuff. PB is going to fix this time....next time is on me.

So, if you go with that, or probably any colored plaster, make sure you stay on top of your water.

You can see pics @ New Build - League City (I would put in a link, but not exactly sure how.....)

Good luck!
    IG ~12,500 gallon, Hayward Cartridge Filter, Wetedge Luna Quartz plaster (Pacific/Aruba), Pool Pump: 1.0 HP Tristar by Hayward, Waterfall Pump: 1.0 HP Super II by Hayward