Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: overflow

1. Back To Top    #1

Any reason why I can not plug my overflow from the pool wall? I do not think I will have any issues in water overflowing in the middle of a very hot summer?

It seems that every time I fill in pool to desired level, middle of water line tile, and overflow just immediately above said water level, there is a lot of water going in the overflow due to excessive waves from all swim activities. And after everyone leaves the pool, water level goes back down a couple of inches below desired level.

I have verified water was lost due to overflow because of lots of water flowing out at the end of drain towards the street.
    16x34 17,000 gal IG gunite blue granite pebble sheen 420 sq ft pentair cartridge, intelliflow SVRS, easy touch 8, 5G led, moss boulder waterfall,

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Myrtle Beach, SC aka Redneck Riveria

Re: overflow

No reason at all. I had to do the same thing on two on my customer's pools. Take off the two screws holding on the grate & a get a threaded plus and it should screw right in.
    "When your pool is sick, call the doctor, I make house calls"
    One stop pool shop, I do everything but install them. 9+ years of experience.