Become a TFP Supporter Welcome to our new server and new forum software. Pool School

Thread: How soon can we swim after the chemicals are put in?

Re: Woooooo Borates

I have a 15,000 gal pool and just put Endure in and the suggested amount of muric acid. How soon can we swim? Oh, I use Baquacil for all of my chemicals.

How soon can we swim after the chemicals are put in?

How soon can we swim after the chemicals are put in? I have a baquacil pool, put Endure in yesterday and the suggested amount of Muradic Acid. Would like to swim today. Will it be safe?

Re: How soon can we swim after the chemicals are put in?

Yes, swim

In almost all cases you can swim an hour after adding chemicals with the pump running the whole time. As long as PH is in range, the sanitizer level is appropriate, and the water is clear, an hour will be plenty.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    TFP Admin. Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

Junior Member In the Industry

Re: How soon can we swim after the chemicals are put in?

I work at a pool store and we sell Baquacil. The main components to the system are sanitizer & algistat which is very similar to the sanitizer they use in hospitals...oxidizer which is strong provide, and CDX a oxidizer preservative and water mold preventative. You can be in the pool within minutes of adding those. As for endure/optimize plus, an hour like the above said.
    Fast Set 15' 36" inflatable pool - 2500 gallons, cartridge filter, above-ground, filter 530 gallons per hour