Free Intex saltwater system ( Now $50 )

BBBliever

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 2, 2011
Central Califorina
This deal was too good for me to pass up. Wallmart.com must be clearing out the seasonal stuff. I picked up the Intex 1600 GPH sand filter for $169 with free shipping to store. They also bundled Free with the purchase the saltwater system and a $50 online gift card.

I have not seen either of these items for less than $169 so one of them is essentically free with a $50 gift card. Great bargain even if the pump might be undersized for your setup. Would be a good back up or it could be ebayed.

This deal wont last long. I was on the fence with a 16ft ultra frame they had on sale for $300 with free shipping. It is out of stock now. It was just alittle to deep for my 3 y/o daughter or I would have jumped on it for that price. Maybee I will get it at next years close out for her 5th summer.

Re: Free Intex saltwater system

Dang it!!!!! I just received my 16" from Amazon on Monday.
Oh well...ordered this as well. I'll try to Craigslist the filter cheap to get rid of it.
And shipping to my home was only $1.94.

...Almost forgot - thanks BBBliever :cheers:

Hot Deal!

Just two weeks ago, I bought Intex 2100GPH Sand filter $199 + Intex saltwater system $169 for $368 shipped.

I have the Intex 15x48 pool. Initially purchased 100lbs of sand from Leslie pools. There was no sand grade on the bag. Back flushed per instructions. Had it set up for a week but was fighting cloudy water. Decided to start over, switched the sand over to Zeosand, ran it for 24hrs. Pool is crystal clear.

For $130 after Gift card, can't resist. Bought it as a spare and may gift it.

Thanks BBBliever.

All I can say is WOW! Wal-Mart must have purchased way too many of these or got a super deal on them. I have been wanting to get the sand filter, but couldn't justify it in my very cheap mind since I haven't had any problems with the filter that came with the pool. I already have the saltwater system, so I will try to resell it. Between that and the $50 gift card, the pump will cost very little. Thanks!

Here is a direct link http://www.walmart.com/ip/Intex-Bundle/17013275

p.s. I already received the e-gift card and used it to purchase a regular gift card which ships free!

JulieLeo said:
Could I use this system on my 12'x36" Summer Escapes pool?

I'm sure you could. Worst case, you may need to buy some additional adapters, but I doubt it. Based on the Amazon reviews for the pump, it comes with the adapters for smaller Intex pools which will likely work with the Summer Escapes pool. Of course I can't say for sure.

I saw this right before bed last night and got it into the cart, slept on it, got up and ordered it :~}}

With the masses on this forum, I was worried a little about availability being on the west coast and also a sleepyhead... :sleep:

Thank you so much for posting this. Very good deal. Makes me wonder why they're bundling it so cheap though. Intex wants to sell... cells? lol

rghilliard: TY for the card conversion idea. Brilliant! Did that too already.

:goodjob: :party:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

BBBliever said:
I was on the fence with a 16ft ultra frame they had on sale for $300 with free shipping. It is out of stock now. It was just alittle to deep for my 3 y/o daughter or I would have jumped on it for that price. Maybee I will get it at next years close out for her 5th summer.

If you have a Toys "R" Us nearby, you may be able to pick up a clearance Intex pool at a great price there. I have seen them posted pretty cheap on a deal site recently, but prices and availability vary by region or even by store. You could also try Sams and Target. All these deals are hit or miss, but if you stay after it you can usually find a really good deal. I bought an 18' x 48" metal frame for under $200 at Sams a couple years ago.

Based on the parts list in the manual from intexcorp.com, the pump comes with quite a few extras. The parts list show 2 threaded strainer connectors, 2 hoses and 2 plunger valves along with several parts I can use for some mods. I wonder if this pump is strong enough to power the skimmer and another outlet. I could rig a pvc connection to have a strainer near the bottom of the pool and the skimmer at the top for maximum mixing.

The only negative is that the estimated delivery is when we will be on vacation. We usually do a mail stop so we should be fine if they ship it USPS. Does anyone know if UPS and FedEx Ground have something similar to a mail stop? I would rather it not sit on my driveway or front porch for a week. May have to get a friend to come over and move it to my deck where it won't be visible from the road.

Glad to see that this post helped so many out. I think we are all frugal and like clear water for a low cost that is why were are here doing BBB.

This deal is just unbelievable. I ordered on more, I will be set for years. Took the $100 gift card and got a nice Ipad docking station the wife has wanted.

FWIW, if the kids are too short for a deep pool, it IS possible to lower the water level.

For my 48" Metal frame, the water is actually 41" at my premium level (less splash out). It could be much lower, the standard skimmer can be lowered about 4 more inches IIRC. I had it skimming while refilling this year at 1-2" above the suction port although it was at the lowest point the skimmer could attach to. One member here actually plugged the standard ports and made new ones very low in her pool to accommodate her daughter's height. She plans to raise the water in the future as needed.

I've seen a lot of unused brand new Intex pools on CL this year. It could be my region... but it's worth a look if you're looking for an out of stock pool.

BBBliever said:
Glad to see that this post helped so many out. I think we are all frugal and like clear water for a low cost that is why were are here doing BBB.

This deal is just unbelievable. I ordered on more, I will be set for years. Took the $100 gift card and got a nice Ipad docking station the wife has wanted.

I want to thank you for posting this. It was really nice of you to do that. It is tempting to buy more to resell at this price, but I will resist the temptation for now. I would feel guilty if I did that and they sold out before others here could buy them for their personal use.

Thanks for posting! I needed a backup for my intex swcg. And now I have a cheap pump/filter for emergency backup. I also used my egift card to buy a walmart gift card (shipping was free).

These look like they have the copper stage, so that needs to be unplugged or removed...that is if you do not want copper in the pool.

Another big THANK YOU! :whoot:

I was too poor to justify the sand filter I had been wanting for a while, but after I figured I could sell the SWG on craigslist, add in the 50 dollar gift card, the sand filter is cheaper than buying a seasons worth of paper filters.

linen said:
These look like they have the copper stage, so that needs to be unplugged or removed...that is if you do not want copper in the pool.

I have searched the forums but can't seem to find any instructions on how to do this.. anyone have a link or advice?
My twins would kill me if their long blonde hair turned green, as would my wife.

There are posts our there with info on the copper cell. I have never seen the intex swcg but have read you can simply unplug the copper portion. You can definitely cut the wires to the copper although that would void the 2 year warranty.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.