Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: pressure difference

1. Back To Top    #1

pressure difference

I had a 1.5 hp pump that was shot and someone else bought a new heyward super pump 1hp .. the original pressure reading on the filter with the 1.5 the perfect reading was 18 psi .. now the 1 hp pump running has never gone above or below 9 psi would this difference be attributed to the difference in hp or is something obviously a little off?
    21X41, 30,000, ig, vinyl,48sf de, 1hp hayward super pump, 2" piping, 2 skimmers, 1 main inlet, 2 return, built in 1988, no enclosure, lots of trees around, direct sun. Thanks in advance to all who have answered my questions.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: pressure difference

It sounds like a bad gauge. If the pump is off it should drop to 0.
    17K Kidney Shaped Pool Concrete (Diamond Bright) Pool, 3/4 hp 2 speed 115V Sta-rite Duraglas PEA5D-180L/P2R5D-181L (Impeller C105-92PS Diffuser C1-216P), 1.5 piping, Pentair CC100 Filter , Heat Siphon 100K BTU Heat Pump Pool Heater, Flow meter Blue White Flowmeter Model No. F-30150P, Hayward Astrolight SP0581N, SWCG CalimarTitanium Edition TE45 , Dolphin Nautilus Plus with CleverClean, Lakeland Florida

3. Back To Top    #3

yes it drops to zero .. so even with a lower hp I should get the same psi in the filter?
    21X41, 30,000, ig, vinyl,48sf de, 1hp hayward super pump, 2" piping, 2 skimmers, 1 main inlet, 2 return, built in 1988, no enclosure, lots of trees around, direct sun. Thanks in advance to all who have answered my questions.

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by SHADEZ
    yes it drops to zero .. so even with a lower hp I should get the same psi in the filter?
    A smaller pump will normally give you a lower pressure reading.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat