Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Acid Feeder Mix Ratio

1. Back To Top    #1

Acid Feeder Mix Ratio

I recently installed an acid feeder from Hayward (peristaltic pump). It is automated via the Sense and Dispense module.

The tank instructions recommended a 4:1 acid water mix in the tank. However, my pool DRINKS acid. Which is why I decided to get a pool. The water here is alkaline and with the autofill I have to add about a gallon a week.

The tank is a 15 gallon, but with a 4:1 mix I only get 3 actual gallons of acid in the tank. Which lasts less than a month.

Today I filled it with a 3:1 mix so I could get a full month out of it. Does anyone see a problem with that?

38,000 Gallon Gunite, 2 NorthStar Pumps, 1 booster pump, cartridge filter, 400k BTU Gas Heater
    Pro Logic PS-8, Sense and Dispense, Stenner acid pump, Aqua Pod, waterfall, slide, spa

2. Back To Top    #2
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: Acid Feeder Mix Ratio

3:1 should be fine, I used mine that way for several years. I would not try anything more concentrated than 2:1.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School