So I've been battling green water for almost a year. Just when I think it's gone, it comes back. I think my problem is that I've added shock and not kept the chlorine level up high enough for a long enough amount of time. So I've kept adding chlorine most days this weekend/week and the algae looks to be dying. The water is still green, but not as cloudy and I can see some of the dead algae on the bottom. Here are my test readings:
I've been using trichlor pucks and have a canister and a half left. I'd kinda like to use them up before I try the BBB method. I know they'll increase my CYA, but I assume I need to get it increased faster than that? Should I try to get my CYA level to something like 35 or 40 first, then see where it goes with the pucks and increase it more down the road if need be?
I was sorta surprised to see my pH that low. I thought it would read high while I was shocking. Should I just leave it for now until I'm doing shocking and see what it reads then?
Anything else I should do? The rest of the levels seem ok to me?