Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
Hi all!

I have a few missing tiles at just above the water line and i can see the thinset which used to be behind the tiles...

Can i just goop on more thin set and stick on new tiles or are there any other things I need to be aware of?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Yeah, make sure to grind or chip out the old thinset, otherwise you either wont get the new tile level, or you wont use enough thinset to actually glue it in.

Also, good idea to butter the back of the tile too, it will stick better in the thinset. I've seen too many tile jobs have tiles come loose from people laying tile without applying any thinset to the back of the tile. The "buttering" of the tile is just apply thinset to the back of the tile and scrape off most of it, just to give a very thin smooth coat on the back of it to promote good adhesion.

Reviving this thread since I haven't done anything for the missing tiles. Can someone identify this tile? I havent been able to find a match or something even close...

[Edit] I cant seem to be able to upload a picture of the tile...

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.