How High Should Buried AGP Come Out of Ground.

Jun 12, 2011
Michigan
First of all thanks to everyone this board is great and has helped me with numerous issues. I am in the process of burying a Radiant Metric GT pool. My excavator is coming next week. I am acting as the general contractor in order to save some money. The dealer is selling and standing up the pool, but I am having the excavating, electrical and mechanical done. Anyhow I asked the dealer and they said since the pool is 52 inches, I should excavate 48 inches. I also have a gradual slope to my yard. So if I leave 4 inches above ground in the front, because of the slope, I will have about 6 inches sticking up in the back. I am planning on putting concrete around it, is that enough sticking out of the ground, some other information I am reading says if I plan on putting concrete around it I should have 9 inches sticking out, that seems like too much. So once again I am confused and turning to this board for help.

abbysdad said:
I am using Canton Pools, they would not dish out the bottom for me either, they were saying it was a matter of liability, but I still decided to do it.

please let me know how things go for you and this install. Did you get the grey or tan stone walls? When I talked with Radiant on the phone they were a little shocked Canton wouldn't do that. I know this isn't on this tread but on one of your others it says there needs to be a cement collar. Where did you find that information as I thought I downloaded all their PDFs and talked to Radiant 3 different times and there was no mention of that.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.