Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: How High Should Buried AGP Come Out of Ground.

1. Back To Top    #1

How High Should Buried AGP Come Out of Ground.

First of all thanks to everyone this board is great and has helped me with numerous issues. I am in the process of burying a Radiant Metric GT pool. My excavator is coming next week. I am acting as the general contractor in order to save some money. The dealer is selling and standing up the pool, but I am having the excavating, electrical and mechanical done. Anyhow I asked the dealer and they said since the pool is 52 inches, I should excavate 48 inches. I also have a gradual slope to my yard. So if I leave 4 inches above ground in the front, because of the slope, I will have about 6 inches sticking up in the back. I am planning on putting concrete around it, is that enough sticking out of the ground, some other information I am reading says if I plan on putting concrete around it I should have 9 inches sticking out, that seems like too much. So once again I am confused and turning to this board for help.
    24' x 52" round Radiant Metric GT, Fully Buried.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: How High Should Buried AGP Come Out of Ground.

You should leave enough above the decking to get the top rails off. 4 to 6 inches is probably enough.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Please keep us informed how this goes, I am also thinking about sinking a metric pool. Looked at the wall at Canton pools but not going to use them since they refuse to dish the bottom.
    The man on top of the mountain didn't fall there.

24' x 52" Intex ultra frame pool (12,400 gallons) with seperate Intex 2500gph pump and SWG and 2 Intex magnetic pool lights.
    Looking to upgrade to 27-30' semi inground install

4. Back To Top    #4

I am using Canton Pools, they would not dish out the bottom for me either, they were saying it was a matter of liability, but I still decided to do it.

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by abbysdad
    I am using Canton Pools, they would not dish out the bottom for me either, they were saying it was a matter of liability, but I still decided to do it.
    please let me know how things go for you and this install. Did you get the grey or tan stone walls? When I talked with Radiant on the phone they were a little shocked Canton wouldn't do that. I know this isn't on this tread but on one of your others it says there needs to be a cement collar. Where did you find that information as I thought I downloaded all their PDFs and talked to Radiant 3 different times and there was no mention of that.
    The man on top of the mountain didn't fall there.

24' x 52" Intex ultra frame pool (12,400 gallons) with seperate Intex 2500gph pump and SWG and 2 Intex magnetic pool lights.
    Looking to upgrade to 27-30' semi inground install

6. Back To Top    #6

I told them it didn't really matter what color since none of it will be showing after I do my decking, so I am not sure. It talks about the collar on page 16 of the install pdf. Canton Pools said they talked to the Radiant rep who said the collar really wasn't necessary but since it is in there install guide I am going to do it.

http://radiantpools.com/images/uploads/ ... allE10.pdf