Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Tried to take off the check valve cover

1. Back To Top    #1

Tried to take off the check valve cover

Hi all,

Moved to a new topic. JasonLion
    I know this is an old thread but was hoping to revive it. I have a Jandy system and need to check the check valve since my spa level drops when the pump is off. I'm new to the pool and tried to take off the check valve cover and water was shooting out. I thought it was just in the pipes and would stop, but it didn't. I put the cover back on but am not sure how to check it without losing a ton of water. I would be grateful if someone could let me know how to do this properly.

Thanks!
    Brighten the world with LED lamp to save energy and conserve environment.
    http://www.imigyled.com

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Tried to take off the check valve cover

You can't...without draining all the water out of the spa. Can you set your valves to pump the spa water into the pool? You could work on the valve with a temporarily empty spa, then fill it back up.
    11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!
    TF Test Kits -- PoolMath -- Pool School
    Make each day your masterpiece. - John Wooden

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks for the response. I will take a look at the valves and see if I can drain the spa into the pool.
    Brighten the world with LED lamp to save energy and conserve environment.
    http://www.imigyled.com

4. Back To Top    #4

Without knowing exactly how your system is set up, in concept it's just turning suction to spa and return to pool. Good luck!
    11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!
    TF Test Kits -- PoolMath -- Pool School
    Make each day your masterpiece. - John Wooden