BBQcoach.com

Aug 7, 2009
Getting ready to start a build. In the paper and pencil stage currently and haven't gone out and priced anything yet. I came across bbcoach.com and it seems that everything can be purchased from him precut with kits for appliances etc. Has anyone gone this route? Any opinions on his cost vs buying from Lowes/HD? Quality of his materials? My project will be 16 foot linear build with a 36 in AOG grill, Side Burner, Ice Maker, Fridge and possibly an Egg. Will finish the top with granite slab and Veneer Stone. Thanks for your input.

I went that route. As I mentioned in my post, I went this route and liked the short cut to the learning curve of working with the steel studs (the video he sends is very helpful). Also liked all of them being cut to what I needed em out of the box. The only disadvantage I can see is you sacrifice on "Creativity" if you have a very unique need or Island. Mine could not be mainly because of the area I had for my island restricted it to something simple.

Overall I'd do the same thing again in if I were to do so, but if I needed more of the creativity factor then knowing what I know now and what I have learned from this site, I would go with fresh track/studs from HD or a supply house and start my build from that.

Hmm, I saw the site at some point. I guess I never paid much attention to it. Are you only getting the "Kit" in pieces? So you need to level and square it on site?

Because this kit for an 8' Straight section sells for $260:

http://store.outdoorkitchensupplies.com ... eight.aspx

The materials alone are about $70 in studs and tracks.

I watched my guys put some of the BBQ together. It took them 1/2 a day to lay out the base track (including trex and Permabase on the bottom). It took a while to get the base tracks all squared up. Then it took them even longer to get thetop of the structure level. They basically had to measure and cut each piece one at a time. They used clamps to hold the top track in place while they tried to get it all level and square.

Paying someone else $200 to precut the studs is not a great option. Because unless you have a perfectly level area to build on, you won't have a level structure.

Something to consider if you just want it done:

I found this site in Florida (I have no clue where you live) that builds BBQ Island frames out of tube aluminum. He gave me a quote for mine, but it was too much money. If you buy any pre-built kit like this you will need to figure out a way to level it on site. I kind of assume this guys kit comes with some kind of leveling feet.

www.odkgrills.com

My Island is BIG (10' x 10' x 15'). Here is my quote:

I can do the welded aluminum frame for this project, including drawings and plans for $5375 shipped to your house in California. Are the posts already in place or going in after the island is set. That price is if the posts are going in after the frame is set. If the posts are already there it would be a little extra for notching and planning. I would need detailed dimensions of the posts.

My welded aluminum grill islands include:

1. Lifetime warranty on the frame

2. Aluminum sheet floor in the door areas for nice storage floor, DA finish

3. Heavy duty leveling feet welded in place for ease of installation

4. Predrilled bolts holes for stainless steel bolts to bolt sections together, bolts/nuts/washers included.

5. Detailed plans for verification that all appliances will fit and island will properly fit area.

Thanks again,

Mike Stewart, General Manager

The Outdoor Kitchen Company
1842 Gunn Highway
Odessa, FL 33556

We were going to custom build our outdoor kitchen however we lucked out and came across this pre built kitchen. The original price was very expensive but one of the stores was closing and we were able to negiotate a 70% discount. We are very happy with it so far. Their website is http://www.paradise2u.com/index.html
We have the Fiji model. :cheers: :cheers:

I bought the DVD thinking it would help my outdoor kitchen build e.g framing, structural tips etc. But it was really instructions on putting together his kit and finishing it with stucco. He does give some decent tips however I did not learn anything I didnt read in the post here. I did email him and complain but he stated that would be counter productive for him since he really makes the money off the kits and not the DVDs. If you want a custom build then I would stay away from the BBQ coach system.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.