HELP!!!!! ASAP

May 8, 2011
Sorry for the caps on the title, but this is my first year of ownership, brand new pool. I just went outside and the pool sounds like it is burping.

The pool runs fine for like 10 seconds then the skimmer sounds like it is sucking really hard like when you have a full sink and the water is getting to the end.

The return line, the water pushes out then burping sounds and tons of bubbles.

I ran into the shed and the filter reads 15psi (normal) then a gasp and then it drops to like 3psi.

So I shut the pump off, took out the basket and used a screw driver to see if anything was trapped, I could feel the propeller moving with the screwdriver with little effort. Both the skimmer basket and pump basket were empty.

I notice that the water is lower than normal, but it is about 1 inch above the skimmer. I just added the hose and I am adding water, in the hope that it just wasnt enough water in the pool, causing the skimmer to suck air. The float thing that sits infront of the skimmer is just staying in the down position, it normally floats open and closed

Any thoughts??

ok thanks, that is what I will do. Over the past week I have set my pump to the built in timer on my prologic. It runs at night only for 12 hours, due to peak useage in my area. I really hope that me not running the pump for 24 hours a day will have something to do with this. My hydro bill was 600.00 last month!!!! So I need to save.

My pump and equipment is down hill from the pool so flow should not be an issue.

My fingers are crossed on this one, I really cant afford a new pump right now!

Once had a pine cone or something get in the hinge of the skimmer door, holding it closed so skimmer sucked air. Made an awful sound like that. Like you I ran to the pump first. Finally checked the skimmer.

If you can, bleed the air out of the filter. Mine was totally ful of air.

Are you saying that the weir (float thing) doesn't float anymore, it just lays flat in the water?
If so, then along with the low water level, that's most likely your problem. There should be a piece of foam on the back side that causes it to float vertical when the pump is stopped and just under the water surface when it's running.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.