load center question!

Ive just finished installing a pump house (ok its a 10X10 shed, but its my pump house now!). Im going to be putting a loadcenter (breaker box) in the pump house i can have all my wireing done properly (it used be to be on extension cords, ugh). Ive read that load centers need to be 18" from pool equipment, mine will be located apx 6ft away, my question is since the breaker box is inside a pump house, can i use a "indoor" panel, or since it is fairly close to pool equipment, do i need to use a outdoor one?

If it's got a true roof (shingles or whatever) and walls you can use an indoor panel. An outdoor panel is made to mount through the back while indoor panels are made to go between studs so the mounting holes are through the sides, though a drill can fix either one. Also an outdoor panel is formed differently to try to keep the water out (lips over exposed seams and such).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.