pool light housing removal Q

Diver

May 5, 2011
South of Boston
i want to take my pool light housing out so i could do a niche dye test to see if there is any leak there. after reading here it seems like there should be a single screw that would hold an outer ring of the light that keeps the housing in place.

looking at the picture of my light, i see one screw that is visible thru the opening in the ring on top and one missing screw on the bottom. but it doesn't look like if i remove the top screw that the ring would come off.

there are 4 round holes in the ring and then there are 10 screws that seem to keep the ring affixed to the liner.

so looking at all this, i'm somewhat confused how i should remove the housing. the light is made by Hayward, but i don't know specific model. i could take a better look this weekend when i get in the water. this was a shot taken from outside holding my camera in the water. at least i can say that my water is clean :)

Attachments

• IMGP0174.JPG
    IMGP0174.JPG
    127 KB · Views: 90
Remove the top screw and lift the light fixture out. The bottom is secured by a tab that fits into a notch.

The 10 screws hold the light fixture together. You only remove them when changing the bulb.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.