Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: CSI Calcite Saturation Index negatives numbers some advise

1. Back To Top    #1
    Lakeland, FL

CSI Calcite Saturation Index negatives numbers some advise

Pool is looking well. I'm trying to get my TA down to below 80, it's currently at 75 so I'm happy. I've been using muriatic acid to lower the TA then aerating to raise PH. My CSI is too low (-0.63) for my liking, should I be concerned? I'm working on lowering the TA and currently aerating to bring the PH up. I'm looking at keeping the PH at 7.5-7.8. I lowered the TA to reduce PH rising.

I'm aerating to get the PH up to 7.5 or so. I have a SWCG that is the reason for lowering the TA.

TC 5, PH 7.3, TA 75, CH 375, CYA 110, Borates 40, Salt 4000,

With my numbers PH 7.5= -0.49 and PH 7.8=-0.29 Pool is finished in diamond bright.
    I realize my CYA is high. I'm working at lowering it slowly. Even at CYA 75 it still would -0.49 and -0.19.

What are your recommendations. Thanks... Currently I'm at PH 7.3
    17K Kidney Shaped Pool Concrete (Diamond Bright) Pool, 3/4 hp 2 speed 115V Sta-rite Duraglas PEA5D-180L/P2R5D-181L (Impeller C105-92PS Diffuser C1-216P), 1.5 piping, Pentair CC100 Filter , Heat Siphon 100K BTU Heat Pump Pool Heater, Flow meter Blue White Flowmeter Model No. F-30150P, Hayward Astrolight SP0581N, SWCG CalimarTitanium Edition TE45 , Lakeland Florida

2. Back To Top    #2
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: CSI Calcite Saturation Index negatives numbers some advi

If it is only temporary while you are lowering TA, don't worry about it.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School