Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Need clarification on FC levels.

1. Back To Top    #1

South Central Kentucky

Need clarification on FC levels.

According to the chart, the FC level for my pool with a CYA level of 70 is 3-5 ppm (SWG). Typically my pool hovers in the 6-7 range. Is there a reason why I should let it fall lower to keep it around 5 instead of where it stays most of the time? Will I notice any differences in the water? Is it affecting anything negatively?
    15x32 vinyl liner, 14,400 gal, 1.4hp Centurion pump, 3/4 hp booster pump, Hayward Pro Series S244T Sand Filter, Hayward H200 heater (digital readout)
    Aqua Rite Electronic Chlorine Generator, Hayward Phantom cleaner, TF 100 test kit
    Pool School, Pool Calculator

2. Back To Top    #2

South Central NJ

Re: Need clarification on FC levels.

The only difference will be in your salt cell's life being extended.

Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC
    Expert Pool and Spa Repairs, Renovations, and Augmentation. Helping people decide what is the right gear for meeting their needs. Expectations Set, Expectations Met, No Surprises.

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry
    Sebring, Florida

Re: Need clarification on FC levels.

I agree with poolguynj and would only add that if you have it dialed in and things are running well, I probably wouldn't change a thing.

A little bit of extra chlorine is ALWAYS a good thing and it will not result in too much reduction of you cell life.
    Dave S. - Forum owner
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School