Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: RSS Feed

1. Back To Top    #1

RSS Feed

I ran out of room for links at the top of the page and needed to add an archive for the newsletter. In order to make space, I have removed the RSS Feed button. So far as I can tell, it was only ever used by one or two people.

HOWEVER, the feature still exists. So, if you would like to set up a feed of the posts at TFP, simply follow this link:
    http://www.troublefreepool.com/smartfeed_url.php

If you need any support setting up a feed, please see the help menu of your RSS software.

Sean
    TFP Founder

My Pool: 13K gal IG gunite with 7' spa, Pentair Cartridge Filter, Intellichlor IC40 SWG, Polaris 280 Cleaner, TF-100 Test Kit w/ salt test.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Obviously the great majority of us agree with your decision and appreciate your leadership. :P
    SeanB, thanks for all your hard work, no kidding, thank you and a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to you and your family

btw, I did notice that the 'spread' is/was going outside the 'lines' on the links!..thought about asking you about it, but no reason now ...nap time.

Joyce
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3
    OOPS, looks like we may still need another little bit of room for the links???? Happy Holidays!!

Joyce
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4

Re: RSS Feed

Hi Sean

Is there a corresponding URL for RSS feeds with the new phpbb version? The old one no longer works.

Thanks!
    Marc

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by theplant
    Hi Sean

Is there a corresponding URL for RSS feeds with the new phpbb version? The old one no longer works.

Thanks!
    Marc
    My reports indicated that there was only one person using RSS so I removed the link a while back - forgot about this post. Unless I hear that there is significant demand, we won't have RSS.

Sorry
    TFP Founder

My Pool: 13K gal IG gunite with 7' spa, Pentair Cartridge Filter, Intellichlor IC40 SWG, Polaris 280 Cleaner, TF-100 Test Kit w/ salt test.

6. Back To Top    #6

That would have been me. I use RSS on my Macbook. If it became available again I would use it on the Macmini as well. It's an extremely useful tool.
    AnnaK

12,500 gal AGP, Hayward sand filter, Pentair 2-speed pump, timer.
    Please visit our Pool Issues pages for information about step weights, managing the solar cover, and PoolSkim.

7. Back To Top    #7

If you bring it back online, I'd like to try it.

8. Back To Top    #8

Sorry, there is just not enough interest. After a full year of avialability and a link on every page, only one user ever used it. It may be the least popular feature we have ever had.

I think the vast majority of members prefer to just come to the site to read messages.
    TFP Founder