I'm a new pool owner with a SWG pool and I think the water is slightly cloudy. It seems a little more cloudy than it was a few weeks ago when it was crystal clear. The rest of my family hasn't noticed, so it's pretty subtle, but it doesn't seem as clear as it was. I just had the water tested at the pool store and here are the results:
Total Chlorine 1 ppm
Free Chlorine 1 ppm
- I have the SWG set at 40-45% (pool builder said to set it at 30%) but when I tested for Chlorine, I'd get a low number so I've bumped up to 45%
- I run the pump about 10 hours a day (during the day)
- I have never shocked the pool with the SWG
- I backwashed the DE filter once this year and the pressure is OK now (it wasn't even that high when I did it orginally)
- Pool only gets used on the weekends with family only - 4-6 people
The guy at the pool store suggested running the pump longer during the hot weather, backwashing the filter and bumping up the SWG and shocking the pool.
My questions are:
1) Should I be worried that the pool company's suggestion was to set the SWG at 35% and I'm not at 45% with a recommendation to bump it up higher? Is that telling me that something else is wrong?
2) Could the "cloudiness" I'm seeing be the salt in the water? Can you ever see the salt?
3) What should I do to get my water back to crystal clear?
3) Should I shock the pool with the SWG?