Waterfall settling causes crack in gunnite pool

mmabc

Aug 14, 2010
I have a large rock waterfall/slide that has been settling and had shown some cracking of the rocks near the pool wall. I was looking for a company to try and re-enforce the waterfall this summer with some structural piers. It's been exceptionally dry in Houston, ie increased ground shrinkage, which has made the problem much worse and now the pool has also cracked. I believe the pool is leaking through the crack, although as dry as it is, it's hard to tell. Now, I have two problems. My pool builder (3 years ago) has gone bankrupt, and I can't seem to find a local company in Houston to help me with repairs.

I've called structural foundation companies that normally repair slab foundation problems. They don't seem to want to touch the pool. I've called pool repair companies, and they too don't seem to want to touch my problem. If anyone can explain how a crack in the gunnite wall can be properly repaired, that would be useful. Any advice on finding a company to help me with both problems would be helpful as well.

Thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.