Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Waterfall settling causes crack in gunnite pool

1. Back To Top    #1

Waterfall settling causes crack in gunnite pool

I have a large rock waterfall/slide that has been settling and had shown some cracking of the rocks near the pool wall. I was looking for a company to try and re-enforce the waterfall this summer with some structural piers. It's been exceptionally dry in Houston, ie increased ground shrinkage, which has made the problem much worse and now the pool has also cracked. I believe the pool is leaking through the crack, although as dry as it is, it's hard to tell. Now, I have two problems. My pool builder (3 years ago) has gone bankrupt, and I can't seem to find a local company in Houston to help me with repairs.

I've called structural foundation companies that normally repair slab foundation problems. They don't seem to want to touch the pool. I've called pool repair companies, and they too don't seem to want to touch my problem. If anyone can explain how a crack in the gunnite wall can be properly repaired, that would be useful. Any advice on finding a company to help me with both problems would be helpful as well.

2. Back To Top    #2
    SouthWest Alabama

Re: Waterfall settling causes crack in gunnite pool

How old is your pool? Have you contacted the PB?
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Houston, TX

Re: Waterfall settling causes crack in gunnite pool

Possibly try Modern Method gunite in Houston..