Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Any tips on replacing O-ring on DE filter?

1. Back To Top    #1

Any tips on replacing O-ring on DE filter?

Hi All,
    My FNS Plus has sprung a slight weep at the center o-ring. I bought a replacement oring (which is giant btw). Any tips on replacing it or just install and tighten?
    Thanks,
    Joe
    15,500 gal, inground gunite pool with 7 ft spa, 2 speed pump 2hp/.33hp, 3/4 hp booster pump, Intermatic P1353 timer, AutoPilot SC-48, Sand filter with ZeoBest, Heater, that I never use . . .

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Any tips on replacing O-ring on DE filter?

Just make sure the grooves are all cleaned out and use plenty of pool lube. It's pretty straight-forward.
    11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!
    TF Test Kits -- PoolMath -- Pool School
    Make each day your masterpiece. - John Wooden

3. Back To Top    #3

Awesome thanks a ton!
    15,500 gal, inground gunite pool with 7 ft spa, 2 speed pump 2hp/.33hp, 3/4 hp booster pump, Intermatic P1353 timer, AutoPilot SC-48, Sand filter with ZeoBest, Heater, that I never use . . .

4. Back To Top    #4

cruz=- please make sure that you double the o-ring over on itself and don't pull overly hard when applying the lube - you don't want to stretch the o-ring!
    Luv& Luk
    -Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill a couple of libraries :-D

POOL SCHOOL, TF Testkits, Jason's Pool Calculator, CYA vs. cl chart, (Just a few DARNED handy links!)