I am new to all of this and absolutely overwhelmed. I've been running back and forth to Walmart and Leslie's everyday!
We have the Saltwater System, but have yet to run it because we are so confused!
Ok, Friday we put one pound of shock in the pool. Saturday we brought a sample to Leslie's to have them test it. They said we it looked good and chlorinated enough at this point, and next steps were to add muratic acid, then atleast 4 hours later add stabilizer, then atleast 4 hours later add phospate.
We added the muratic acid and 160 pounds of salt because we were ready to get started with the Saltwater System. We didn't have the stabilizer yet (I didn't want to buy it there cause I though I'd get it cheaper at Walmart). Sunday, I did notice the pool getting a little slick feeling on the sides, but though maybe the salt was causing this since we had yet to turn on the Saltwater System.
Monday, I went ahead and bought the stabilizer at Leslie's since Walmart didn't have the liquid. When I got home yesterday, the bottom and sides of the pool, as well as toys etc. in the pool were all really slimey feeling. I did a little research and rushed to the store to buy a another pound of shock (super shock this time) at Walmart, thinking I had yellow algae. My daughter said when she went to the bottom of the pool and scraped her hand some yellowish tinted stuff got on it.
Anyway, we shocked the pool again last night. We still haven't added stabilizer or phospate. We still haven't turned the saltwater system on. I am lost. Now after reading more, I'm thinking maybe this is pollen and not algae. Could we have algae on Monday when Saturday Leslies said our water was ok??? Now what?